The village of Falenica was founded in the mid-15th century. Since 1795 it was under Prussian rule, since 1807 it transferred to the Duchy of Warsaw, and since 1815 it belonged to the Kingdom of Poland (Congress Poland). In the interwar period a vacation resort of Falenica started to develop here. A lot of vacation cottages of rich inhabitants of Warsaw were built here.

During World War II, in September 1939, there was a Battle of Falenica between the Polish Army and the Germans here. As a result of it, some part of Falenica was burnt down.

In 1951 Falenica was connected to Warsaw.
 

Print