Polska / mazowieckie
|בתי כנסת, בתי תפילה ועוד||בתי קברות||אתרי זכרון ליהודים שנרצחו||יודאיקה במוזיאונים||אחר|
|פרובינציה:||mazowieckie / kieleckie (לפני 1939)|
|מחוז:||kozienicki / kozienicki (לפני 1939)|
|קהילה:||Magnuszew / Magnuszew (לפני 1939)|
The commune village of Magnuszew is situated in Kozienice County, Masovian Voivodeship, with 800 inhabitants (as of 1998).
The first Jews started to settle down in Magnuszew after 1793.
In the 19th century a wooden synagogue was erected. In 1827, 330 Jews lived here (33% of the whole population).In 1913, 1.702 Jewish people lived here, which made 53% of the whole population. There was a strong influence of the Hasidic movement in this region.
In the interwar period, in 1921, 731 Jews lived here (46% of the population). There was a synagogue, mikvah and cheder here.
During World War II, in September 1939 Mgnuszew was taken over by German army.
In January 1942, the Germans opened a ghetto in Magnuszew. In October 1942, a ghetto closedown started. All the Jews were taken to the ghetto in Kozienice, and afterwards to the extermination camp in Treblinka.
The commune village of Magnuszew is situated in Kozienice County, Masovian Voivodeship, with 800 inhabitants (as of 1998). The settlement of Magnussewo was founded in the 12th century. In 1377 it was granted its town charter based on that of Magdeburg.
In 1655 Magnuszew was completely burnt down by the Swedes. In 1774 Magnuszew was resettled. In 1778 it was destroyed by great fire.
Since 1793 Magnuszew was under Prussian rule. Since 1807 the town transferred to the Duchy of Warsaw, and since 1815 it belonged to the Kingdom of Poland (Congress Poland). In 1863 Polish insurgents defeated one Russian Army troop near Magnuszew. In 1867 the tsar authorities deprived Magnuszew of its town rights. During World War I, the town was battered with an artillery.
During World War II, in September 1939, there was a lot of fighting between the Polish cavalry and the German Army near Magnuszew. In August 1944 the Soviet Army troops captured the town, forming a Warka- Magnuszew bridgehead on the left-bank tributary of the Vistula. During the war the town was almost completely destroyed.