Polska / śląskie
|Synagogues, prayer houses and others||Cemeteries||Sites of martyrdom||Judaica in museums||Andere|
|Province:||śląskie / śląskie autonomiczne (before 1939)|
|County:||cieszyński / cieszyński (before 1939)|
|Community:||Zebrzydowice / Zebrzydowice (before 1939)|
|Other names:||Seibersdorf [j. niemiecki]|
The village of Zebrzydowice is situated in Cieszyn County, in the southern part of Silesian Province. It lies in northeastern part of the Ostrowska Valley, on the river Piotrówka (the right tributary of the river Olza), on the border with the Czech Republic.
The first references to the village of Zebrzydowice date back to 1305. Under Czech, and then under Habsburg rule, it was part of the Duchy of Cieszyn.
In 1918, the village was incorporated into the Republic of Poland. The village turned into a battlefield when the Poles fought with Czechs in 1919.
During World War II, in September 1939, the village was seized by the Germans and in May 1945, by the Soviet army.