Polska / mazowieckie
|Synagogues, prayer houses and others||Cemeteries||Sites of martyrdom||Judaica in museums||Andere|
|Province:||mazowieckie / warszawskie (before 1939)|
|County:||nowodworski / warszawski (before 1939)|
|Community:||Czosnów / Cząstków (before 1939)|
The village of Palmiry is situated in Nowy Dwór County, in Masovian Voivodship. It has 220 inhabitants (as of 2006). It is located in the Valley of Warsaw, on the edge of the Kampinos forest.
The village was founded in the 19th century.
In the interwar period, military storehouses for weapon and ammunition in case of the Soviet invasion were created in the forest near Palmiry.
During World War II, in September 1939, Palmiry was occupied by the German Army. From 1939 to 1941 mass executions in the nearby forest were carried out. Especially the prisoners of Pawiak were shot, eminent representatives of political, social, cultural and professional life of Poland. Over 2.000 people died.