Polska / wielkopolskie
|Synagogues, prayer houses and others||Cemeteries||Sites of martyrdom||Judaica in museums||Andere|
|Province:||wielkopolskie / poznańskie (before 1939)|
|County:||śremski / śremski (before 1939)|
|Community:||Dolsk / Dolsk (before 1939)|
|Other names:||Dolzig [j. niemiecki]|
Dolsk is a town situated in Śrem County in Greater Poland Province. According to data from 1998, the town has 1,200 inhabitants. Dolsk is situated between the two lakes: Jezioro Dolskie Wielkie and Jezioro Dolskie Małe, which are in Pojezierze Krzywińskie (Krzywiń Lakeland).
Dolzco, an old trade settlement, is first mentioned in 1136. The settlement belonged to Poznań bishops from 1231. Dolsk was granted town privileges in 1359. The town was a part of the Prussian partition in 1793, then it was in the Duchy of Warsaw in 1807 and eventually found itself in Prussia in 1815 and changed its name into Dolzig. First Jews started to settle here as late as in the 19th century. 22 Jews lived in the town in 1905. The inhabitants of Dolsk took part in the Greater Poland Uprising in 1918-1919. It was also the time when Jews began to emigrate from Dolsk. This fact led a situation when there were no Jews in the town in 1921. At the beginning of the Second World War, Dolsk was occupied by the German troops in September and then incorporated into the Third Reich.