During the Second World War nazis set up a ghetto in Włodawa. It was located in the neighbourhood of 1000-lecia, Błotna and Kotlarska Streets. In the ghetto nazis held the local Jewish popilation, but also Jews from Cracow, Mielec and Vienna. In 1942 Germans started to dissolve the ghetto successively – its residents were deported in a few transports to the Sobibor extermination camp and executed afterwards. Since November 1943 in Włodawa functioned a residual ghetto, however it was also dissolved in April 1943. [1.1].
[1.1] collective work edited by Czesław Pilichowski „Obozy hitlerowskie na ziemiach polskich 1939-1945. Informator encyklopedyczny”, Warsaw 1979 r.
The Administrator has made all possible efforts to present the content accuratly and up-to-date in a way that does not infringe upon the rights of third parties, including copyrights, but cannot guarantee it. Therefore erroneous information on the website may not be the basis for claims. If you have any questions, please contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- 51.5434° N / 23.5521° E
51°32'36" N / 23°33'07" E