New jewish cemetery in Łuków (Warszawska Street)
The new Jewish cemetery in Łuków was established in the 19th century. It is located on the road from Łuków to Garwolin, at Warszawska Street.
During WWII, the Germans closed the cemetery and ordered that the Jews bury their relatives in the forest at Domaszewska Street, between today's Radzyńska and Świderska Streets. This is the place where executions of Jewish citizens took place. In 1942, during liquidation of the ghetto, Germans murdered approx. 200 persons.
Today, in the cemetery, there is a pyramid-shaped lapidary. A commemorative plaque bears the following inscription: “In commemoration of all Jewish partisans and those murdered by German occupier between 1939 – 1943 in Łuków and vicinity". The lapidary is topped with a Star of David. The cemetery is fenced.
The Administrator has made all possible efforts to present the content accuratly and up-to-date in a way that does not infringe upon the rights of third parties, including copyrights, but cannot guarantee it. Therefore erroneous information on the website may not be the basis for claims. If you have any questions, please contact us at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org