House of prayer in Kielce (4 Słowackiego Street)
A private house of prayer (ulica Słowackiego 4) was erected on Herszel Zagajski’s initiative in 1922 (he was one of the greatest entrepreneurs in Kielce). It is the only preserved house of prayer in Kielce. It has 54 square meters and can accommodate upto 80 people in it at the same time.
During the World War 2 it was devastated by the Germans. After the occupation it served as a store. In the 1980s it was used to store chimney brushes in there. At the beginning of the 1990s it was given back to its heirs. In 2011 it became a possession of Dorbud company that bought the tenement in between Słowacki Street and Śniadecki Street, together with the courtyard and the house of prayer that had been placed there.
The Administrator has made all possible efforts to present the content accuratly and up-to-date in a way that does not infringe upon the rights of third parties, including copyrights, but cannot guarantee it. Therefore erroneous information on the website may not be the basis for claims. If you have any questions, please contact us at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 50.8666° N / 20.6335° E
50°51'59" N / 20°38'00" E