Cytron’s Palace – presently – the Museum of History ( 37 Warszawska Street).
It was constructed at the end of the 19th century, and it belonged to a manufacturer from Białystok, Szmuel Cytron. It is an example of perfectly kept secession architecture, with characteristic decorative motifs such as: sunflower flowers and laurel wreaths. Moreover the palace’s original interior decorations are preserved, including stucco interior ceilings, original woodwork and a staircase with cast-iron railings.
Today, in the Citron Palace there is the Białystok Museum of History. One of the objects exhibited is a model of the city dating back to the end of the 18th century together with the area of the original Jewish district, Szulhof, the Great Synagogue building and the Talmud Torah School, and the old Jewish Cemetery.
The Administrator has made all possible efforts to present the content accuratly and up-to-date in a way that does not infringe upon the rights of third parties, including copyrights, but cannot guarantee it. Therefore erroneous information on the website may not be the basis for claims. If you have any questions, please contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- 53.1321° N / 23.1721° E
53°07'55" N / 23°10'19" E